As a Perinatal Care Specialist, my job is to hold space for people as they navigate reproductive health and perinatal care by providing emotional support, physical comfort, practical assistance, and non-medical care. What that may look like depends on each client's individual needs and situation, and for some, the best way to learn and receive support is in a group setting of peers. If this describes you then classes are the way to go!
I am passionate about education and love to not only learn new things myself but also pass on my accumulated knowledge and experience to others. I have been teaching for over ten years and coaching for nearly as long. I strongly believe that knowledge is power, and in class together we will explore ways of navigating the healthcare field, knowing your options and alternatives, and working with your support system to advocate for yourself, your body, your family, and your choices. I look forward to seeing you in class!
Babies are born every day, do I really need to take a class about it‽
- Do you know the physiological process of labor and birth, or are you putting all your trust and faith in your provider?
- Are you aware that doctors only show up at the last minute and nurses only check in occasionally?
- Are you prepared to make choices about your body and your baby during contractions?
- Do you wish someone could give you all the cheat codes for a 'perfect' birth experience?
- Are you watching television and movies and thinking your birth will look like that?
- Does all of this sound overhwelming‽
Are you planning to bodyfeed your baby?
- Feeding your baby from your body looks easy and carefree on social media, so why is it so hard‽
- Are you worried you won’t be able to supply enough milk for your baby?
- Did you struggle with bodyfeeding previously, or are you struggling now?
- Are you looking for education, guidance, and support on your bodyfeeding journey?